Dating historic lumber
The house today, after many subsequent owners and most recently the Bermuda National Trust (BNT), the present owner, has the Bridge House Apartment, an office and artist's studio.Both the main house and rented apartment received sensitive but significant BNT upgrades in 2013-2014.Goodrich was appointed to the local Legislature, hence his Honorable title. Bridger Goodrich and his Family in America, Bermuda and Britain 1775-1825" by Nick Hartley.Later, the house ownership passed from Bridger Goodrich to Edward Goodrich.Keith Forbes graphic.7 Savannah Road, Hamilton Parish, CR01.
Some time later, the house passed to a member of the Lough family which descended from the Forbes family of Bermuda.
On the second floor are four large bedrooms with soaring ceilings and a cozy office.
The master bedroom is significant in scale with an en suite bathroom, walk-in closet and doors leading out to another private 288 square foot covered patio with unparalleled water views to Dockyard.
Lough House was where a son of Major and Mrs Walker was born on June 15, 1863, and at the special request of Mrs. The wide two-storey verandahs are reminiscent of West Indian plantation houses which Francis Albuoy, who built Belair, encountered on his travels south through the islands to Demerara in British Guiana (now Guyana) in South America where he had a trading business in the early 1800s.
Walker, a Confederate flag was ceremoniously draped over her lying-in bed. The front door, beneath an elegant fanlight, is surrounded by stone quoining.